Holy Father, I pray on behalf of my family line and myself and repent for:
- Participating in ethnic prejudice through slander, discrimination, inappropriate joking, oppression, abuse, or the denial of justice
- Not showing hospitality to strangers who were of a different ethnic group, and by so doing forsaking the blessing of entertaining angels
- Frustrating your will to join together as man and wife by rejecting or condemning a family member with a spouse of an ethnic group different from our own
- Participating in stereotypes
- Using hateful words or pejorative terms to refer to those of other ethnic groups
- Desiring salvation for ourselves but hypocritically withholding the Good News from other ethnic groups, thinking their problems to be intractable and just punishment
I declare that Jesus bore our punishment and I will freely help others as I have been helped, without arrogant condescension.
I declare that Your plan for blessing the Jews and choosing them to be a light for all ethnic groups is good, and I repent for the times when we have resented your blessing of the Jews and your plan for our salvation, discrimination against the Jews, or participation in robbery, rape or murder against them. I repent for any times we thought the King of the Jews had no relevance for our ethnic group, and I embrace Messiah Jesus as the Savior of the world.
I also repent for:
- All hatred, bitterness and failure to bless any ethnic group that mistreated us through genocide, colonization, slavery, exploitation, internment camps, concentration camps, forced moves to reservations, etc.
- Failing to love our enemies when they failed to do good to those who hate us
- Not blessing those who curse us, or praying for those who mistreat us
- Engaging in the genocide, colonization, slavery, exploitation, internment camps, concentration camps, forced moves to reservations, etc., of any ethnic groups
- Cowardice in failing to act for justice at times when we were complacent in our silence concerning these things, for Revelation 21:8 says the cowardly have no share with you
- Participation in justification of such things as segregation, apartheid and Jim Crow laws
- Any participation in groups such as the KKK
Father, I thank you for my ethnic heritage. All ethnic groups have strengths and weaknesses and I believe my ancestry descends through the first Adam. I believe Jesus Christ is the second man and the last Adam, who purchased our redemption through His blood so that all who belong to Him shall bear His image. (1 Cor. 15:49)
Thank you for releasing us from rejection and from the effects of rejecting others.
The majority of these prayers are included in our book Generational Prayers – 2020 Edition, which is available in paperback and eBook formats. Visit this page for details
These prayers are not a quick fix. Instead, they are starting points as you work out your freedom in Christ. Be ready to adjust these prayers as you and those you pray with listen to the Holy Spirit.
Permission is given to print this prayer in its entirety provided that no changes are made. In addition, please reference Aslan’s Place and aslansplace.com on all reproductions. This prayer may not be reproduced in publications without written consent from Aslan’s Place.