Complete lesson below
Subjects to be Explored
The nature of authorities
- You will gain an understanding of Authorities
- You will state the Biblical characteristics of a blessing and a curse
- You will name the three ways curses go down through the generations
- You will understand how many generations sin goes down the generational line
- You will be able to communicate biblical examples of how sin goes down many generational
1 Peter 3:22, Ephesians 3:10, Colossians 1:16, and Colossians 2:15 list several spiritual entities.
Authorities – Webster Definition:
AUTHORITY – Greek Definition:
Authority – definition in the Dictionary of New Testament Theology:
Bless – Hebrew definition of barak : –
- The conferring of and transference of _______________________________________
- The performance of a blessing involving a word _______________________________
- It works vertically with the _________________________ of succeeding generations.
- Horizontally it effects for ___________________ from enemies, good
fortune, and well being for the tribe or group.
Derek Price – Possible List of BLESSINGS Deu. 28:3-13
Read Through Deuteronomy 28 and make a list of the blessings and curses listed in this chapter.
Definition of the Hebrews word for curse (Qualet)
- It is a _________________________ position.
- It is rapid______________________
“Cursing in the Old Testament is a power concept meant to release
spiritual power against the object, person, or place being cursed.”
The Handbook for Spiritual Warfare – Ed Murphy
RELATED BIBLICAL WORDS “to Curse”
laanah (Hebrew) –
Mar (Hebrew) –
akal (Hebrew) –
HOW ARE CURSES PASSED DOWN TO FUTURE GENERATIONS?
Write Out Deut 5:9
Write Out Acts 15:20
Deut 27:15-26 “Cursed is the man who carves an image or casts an idol– a thing detestable to the LORD, the work of the craftsman’s hands– and sets it up in secret.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who dishonors his father or his mother.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who moves his neighbor’s boundary stone.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who leads the blind astray on the road.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who withholds justice from the alien, the fatherless or the widow.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who sleeps with his father’s wife, for he dishonors his father’s bed.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who has sexual relations with any animal.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who sleeps with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother.” Then all the people shall say,”Amen!” “Cursed is the man who sleeps with his mother-in-law.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who kills his neighbor secretly.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person.”Then all the people shall say, “Amen!” “Cursed is the man who does not uphold the words of this law by carrying them out.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”
Prov 5:1-10 My son, pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge. For the lips of an adulteress drip honey, and her speech is smoother than oil; but in the end she is bitter as gall, sharp as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. She gives no thought to the way of life; her paths are crooked, but she knows it not. Now then, my sons, listen to me; do not turn aside from what I say. Keep to a path far from her, do not go near the door of her house lest you give your best strength to others and your years to one who is cruel, lest strangers feast on your wealth and your toil enrich another man’s house.
Example of Balaam and Balak
One of the most powerful example of the effects of the impact of sexual sin is found in the account of Balaam and Balak. Read the account in Numbers 22-24. Now read Numbers 25:1-9. What happened that caused this sin?
Read Numbers 3:1-9 and Revelation 2:14-16.
Write Out Exodus 20:4-5
- Iniquity (Hebrew –Awa) – Root means, “to bend, twist or distort” Translated as sin, iniquity, or guilt. (William Wilson–Old Testament Word Studies)
Awa- “iniquity, vanity, trouble: this word seems to have special reference to the nature and consequences of sin, especially idolatry: and it stand in opposition to the solid good and happiness which attends on true religion. To turn the wrong way: applied to the distortion of the heart or actions, from that which is right to that which is wrong.
The word “iniquity” applies to the original depravity of man, by which he is turned aside from the image of God and the love of holiness. To act in a deceitful, tricking, insidious manner, bad, dishonest. Dealing in secret, or under some cover, unfair usage, and unrighteousness in judgment. Awa is a toxic waste spreading down as far as the third and fourth generation.
- Hate- It express an emotional attitude towards persons and things, which are opposed, detested, despised and with which one wishes to have no contact or relationship. It is
therefore the opposite of love…. hate separates and keeps distant. It is ill will and aversion towards God. (DNTT)
- Bondage Goes Down Three or Four Generations
Write Out Exodus 20:4-5
Write Out Ex.34: 7
Write Out Num 14:18
Write Out Deu. 5:9
Blessings Go Down One Thousand Generations When Not Canceled! (Exodus)
Can Curses only go down three to four generations?
Can spread down ten generations to those born out of a forbidden marriage (or out of wedlock)
Write Out Deut 23:1-2:
- Write Out Proverbs 17:13
- Write Out 1 Sam 2:31
- Write Out Jer 23:40
- Write Out Jer 25:9
- Write Out 2 Sam 12:10
- Write Out 2 Sam 3:28-29
Examples of Effects of Generation Sin – The Line of Cain
- Cain’s Sin – Genesis 4:8
- Seven Generations down from Cain is Lamech. Read Gen 4:23. What was Lamech’s sin?
Trace the Generation Sin of the Line of Cain
- Ham – Sin of seeing father’s nakedness (perhaps Homosexual) Gen 9:22 Cush – Ham’s son was the father of Nimrod. Ham was the father of_________________Genesis 9:22). Note that the tribes of Canaan came out of Ham.
Note Gen. 10:6-11 The sons of Ham: Cush, Mizraim, Put and Canaan.The sons of Cush: Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah and Sabteca. The sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan.Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, “Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD. The first centers of his kingdom were Babylon, Erech, Akkad and Calneh, in Shinar.From that land he went to Assyria, where he built Nineveh, Rehoboth Ir, Calah, Who then was the generational ancestor of Nimrod?
Other Scriptures that Speak of Generational Sin Being Passed Down the Family Line
- Write out Lev 26:39
- Write Out Num. 14:33
- Write Out I Samuel 2:30-33
- Write Out I Samuel 3:13-14
- Write Out I Kings 14:9-11
- Write Out Job 21:19-21
IS GENERATIONAL BONDAGE FAIR?
What does the Lord say to those who complain that the passing of generational sin done the family line is not fair?
GENERATIONAL BONDAGE CAN BE BROKE THROUGH IDENTIFICAL REPENTANCE
The Following verses illustrate the effectiveness of identification repentance.
- Write Out 1 Pet 1:18
- Write Out Lev. 26:40
- Write Out Neh 1:5-7, 9:32-35
- Write Out Neh 9:32-35
- Write Out Jer 3:20-25
The Bible Speaks of Generational Blessings
- Write Out Exodus 20:5-6
- Write Out Psalm 112:2
- Write Out Psalm 103:17-18
- Write Out Jeremiah 32:18
- Write Out 2 Tim 1:5
Number of People In Generational Line
- 5 Generations back – 62 Ancestors
- 10 Generations Back – 2046
- 25 Generations Back – 67,108,864
- 50 Generations Back – 2.252 x 10 (15)
- 100 Generations Back- 2.536 x 10 (30)
- 300 Generations Back- 4.074 x 10 (90)