In recent years, it seems that the movie and television media has discovered quantum physics, string theory and the dimensions! Many television programs and movies include mathematical and scientific terms and concepts. Even novelists are jumping into the action by incorporating these concepts into their story lines. All this is being done to try and understand life apart from God. If we are to accept what they say, quantum physics and string theory will help us deal correctly with life choices so that are lives will be better. There is really no need to bring a living God into the discussion. Instead of rejoicing in the Creator of this marvelous complex universe, we are led away from the Creator to simply view these extraordinary concepts as another way of seeing that we can find the ultimate reason for life without having to deal with the concept of a personal God.
For years, the Lord has been showing us that the dimensions really are an important part of our lives. We had found that there seem to be dimensions that are clearly in the realm of the Living God and there are dimensions that lay under the influence of the Enemy. All of this information now seems to be heading in a collision course with “daily life.” What was once a “far out” deliverance observation now has found validity in every day conversation. What was once a topic of science fiction is now creeping into scientific fact.
All of this has tremendous spiritual ramifications. The unseen is now being discovered. Language is being developed to make these concepts part of a reality that excludes God. New Agers are jumping in trying to “spiritualize these new scientific and mathematical concepts” so that men and women can ascend into higher levels of consciousness in this dimensional “universe.” Of course, all this does not include a personal God who loves us and died on the cross for our sins.
Does the Church have a part in this discussion? I think so, for these concepts are certainly not “unbiblical.” The Word of God can open up for us the true understanding of the reality of a multilayered universe created by the Living and True God. Understanding what the Word says can also help bring us into new levels of freedom. For it is here that we can continue our journey to being changed from “glory to ever increasing glory.”
My goal in this article is to bring to those committed to the Lord, some Biblical understanding of the wonderful creation of our Lord. I certainly do not want to pretend that I understand much of what is contained in this article. It is my prayer that this will simply be a “first draft” of exploring “new worlds.” Within the context of the article will be some scientific information, an attempt to envision what the dimensions would look like, and finally some practical applications to prayer ministry. The Bible will be our beginning point.
In Ephesians 2:6, the Apostle Paul wrote “and God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.” In this passage the actual Greek word for “heavenly places” is really only one word “epouranios,” meaning “heavenlies, the heavenly regions.” The plural gives us the evidence that there is more than one heaven. Genesis 1:1 states that “God created the heavens and the earth.” Harris in the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, states that “the heavens [are] the abode of God.” The heavens are frequently described in figurative language as having windows (Gen 7:11; II Kings 7:2; Mal 3:10). Could these be what we call “portals” which are entrances into dimensions? Other Biblical passages speak of the “heavens.”
• Deuteronomy 33:26: “There is no one like the God of Jeshurun, Who rides the heavens to help you, And in His excellency on the clouds.
• Samuel 22:10: He bowed the heavens also, and came down With darkness under His feet.
• 1 Chronicles 16:26: For all the gods of the peoples are idols, But the LORD made the heavens.
• Nehemiah 9:6: You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You.
• Job 9:8: He alone spreads out the heavens, And treads on the waves of the sea;
• Job 15:15: If God puts no trust in His saints, And the heavens are not pure in His sight,
• Proverbs 8:27: When He prepared the heavens, I was there, When He drew a circle on the face of the deep,
• Isaiah 48:13: Indeed My hand has laid the foundation of the earth, And My right hand has stretched out the heavens; When I call to them, They stand up together.
• Isaiah 64:1: Oh, that You would rend the heavens! That You would come down! That the mountains might shake at Your presence
• Amos 9:6: He who builds His layers in the sky, And has founded His strata in the earth; who calls for the waters of the sea, And pours them out on the face of the earth—The LORD is His name.
• Zechariah 12:1: The burden of the word of the LORD against Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him.
• Matthew 3:16-17: When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
• Acts 7:56: and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”
• 2 Corinthians 5:1: For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
• 2 Corinthians 5:1: For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
• 2 Peter 3:13-14: Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless;
The Bible declares that we are seated with Christ in heavenly realms or places. Elsewhere in scripture, we also see the mention of heavenly places or realms. We believe these places are what physicists and mathematicians call dimensions
An Associated Press article dated August 21, 2001 tells of a discovery that the speed of light has not been constant over the last 15 billion years. This discovery confirms what physicists believe about string theory. This theory supports the view that the universe is made up of anywhere between 10 or 26 dimensions. These dimensions are curled or folded, so they would be impossible to detect in everyday life. So where are these dimensions and why do physics believe there are dimensions? The answer lies in a new theory called String Theory.
String theory is an attempt to create a “Theory of Everything” – a theory that unifies the electroweak, strong nuclear and gravity forces. Note that electromagnetism and the weak nuclear force are now one. They were unified earlier in the 1990’s.
The basis of the theory is that all matter is composed of strings. The strings themselves are the smallest possible particles, with a length of 10-33 cm, and no width or height. Strings can be opened or closed. Closed strings have the shape of a circle or oval, and open strings have ends. A string occupies one single point in space-time at any one time. Its path through time can be shown in a space versus time graph, and is called a worldsheet. The superstring theory can describe the three forces, electroweak, strong nuclear, and gravitational.
One problem with string theory is that it only works in ten or twenty-six dimensions. This is because if there is any other number of dimensions, mathematical anomalies appear. The question then has to be asked, where are the other six dimensions? In normal life, there are only four dimensions. There are the three dimensions of length, width, depth, plus the fourth dimension, time. The Kaluza-Kleintheory shows that it is possible for a dimension to be “curled” up into an extremely tiny ball (10-31 cm long), which we could obviously not detect. In string theory, this is what has happened to the other six dimensions. It is theorized that they curled up just after the Big Bang. It is possible that if some variables in the Big Bang were different to what they turned out to be, some or all of these extra dimensions could have expanded. What would such a universe look like? Obviously, our 4-dimensional perception cannot imagine what it would be like, but the possibility of it happening remains.
Originally, there were five separate string theories, each one of them working in different situations. These, in 1994, were unified into a single “M-theory”. M-theory may only hold true in eleven dimensions, which is different from the original ten.
The theory has not been fully fleshed out. There are many advancements still needed to be made. It may be that “F-Theory” (F for father) will emerge, a string theory that involves strings being present in ten, eleven or twelve dimensions. We are still far from the ultimate Theory of Everything.
1. The discovery of extra dimensions would show that the entirety of human experience had left us completely unaware of a basic and essential aspect of the universe. It would forcefully argue that even those features for the cosmos that we have thought to be readily accessible to human sense need not be. Strings are but one ingredient in string theory, not the ingredient.
2. The revelation that there are other ingredients besides strings in string theory does not invalidate or make obsolete earlier work anymore that the discovery of the tenth spatial dimension did. Research shows that if the higher-dimensional branes are much more massive than strings, as had been unknowingly assumed in previous studies, they have minimal impact on a wide range of theoretical calculations. The grand expanse of the cosmos – the entirety of the spacetime of which we are aware – may itself be nothing but an enormous brane. Ours may be a braneworld ; higher-dimensional p-branes need not be tiny, either, and because they have more dimensions than strings do, a qualitatively new possibility opens up. If we have a large two-brane, we envision a large two-dimensional surface that exists within the three large space dimensions of common experience. A three-brane has three dimensions, so if it were large – perhaps infinitely large – it would fill all three big spatial dimensions. Might we, right now, be living within a three-brane?
3. So, if we live in a three-brane, there is an alternative explanation for why we’re not aware of the extra dimensions. It is not necessarily that the extra dimensions are extremely small. They could be big. We don’t see them because of the way we see. We see by using the electromagnetic force, which is unable to access any dimensions beyond the three we know about. Like an ant walking along a lily pad, completely unaware of the deep waters lying just beneath the visible surface, we could be floating within a grand, expansive, higher-dimensional space, as in but the electromagnetic force – eternally trapped within our dimensions
4. And, within the braneworld scenario, there is the possibility that the extra dimensions could be much larger than once thought.
What Would It Look Like In the Dimensions?
How do you image what it would look like to live in different dimensions? Since we have only our frame of reference in three dimensions plus time, it is difficult to conceptualize what it would look like to live in those heavenly places. But, this is where we are to live, for we are already seated with Jesus Christ in “heavenly places.” Indeed this is the spiritual world that we have heard so much about in our Christian walk. What is it like there? What can happen there? Let’s try and image.
Michio Kaku has written on string theory and tells us that if a surgeon lived in the tenth dimension he could do surgery in the third dimension without cutting. How is this possible? We need to understand more about these dimensions.
Rob Bryanton, A musician and theorist from Canada has written an interesting book called Imagining the Tenth Dimension. Perhaps this is a starting point for us to understand the realities of other dimensions. Here is his summary which he calls a “Quick Tour of Ten Dimensions.”
1. The first Dimension-is any straight line joining two points – length.
2. The second dimension is width, a line coming off of that line, like a Y.
3. The third Dimension is depth. In 1884 Edwin Abbott, a mathematician wrote Flatlanders: A Romance of Many Dimensions. In order to help us to understand what it would look like to live in the third dimension, he describes people living in a two-dimensional world. What would a three dimensional creature such as ourselves look like to two dimensional flatlander. A flatlander viewing one of us passing through their flatland world might see ten small objects representing our toes, which would become two larger objects which would grown and shrink and grow again as the flatlander’s viewpoint travelled pass our feet and up our legs, An ant marching from left to the right side of a newspaper page could be thought of as a flatlander walking along in a two dimensional world. What if we want to help than ant get to his destination sooner, so we fold the newspaper to make it meet in the middle. Suddenly, the ant is able to finish his cross paper trek much more quickly and go on his way. When we folded the paper, we took the representation of a two dimensional object and moved it through the third dimension. This is what we would call “folding space/time.”
4. The fourth Dimension is time, having three dimensional space anywhere in time.
5. The fifth Dimension offers a multitude of choices at any given time. These choices could be influenced by others, our choice, and chance.
6. In the sixth Dimension. if one could fold the fifth dimension through the sixth dimension, one would be able to jump from one possible world to another without having to travel the long way back in time and forward again.
7. The seventh dimension joins all the possible universes to all the possible outcomes at the other end and treats the entire package as a single point. The seventh dimension takes the concept of all the possible beginnings and their links to all the possible conclusions for viewing them simultaneously, as if it were a single point. A point in the seventh dimension represents infinity. “Interesting the number seven appears in a number of our world’s spiritual systems and mystical writings as the presentation of infinity/eternity or heaven, or the highest level of spiritual awakening.”
8. The eight Dimension would be the multiplicity of timelines that when perceived as a whole represent some other completely different universe that would have been generated by some other set of initial conditions.
9. In the ninth dimension one imagines an infinite number of infinities. One could pop in and out of these infinities.
10. The tenth dimension treats as a point every possible beginning and end of all the possible universes generated by all the possible big bangs. Imagine the tenth dimension as the uncut fabric from which is constructed all possible universes, all possible beginnings and endings, all possible branches within all possible timelines but without the nuances added by the geometries of the dimensions below.
Ok…now we must ask, “So what.” What does this have to do with my everyday life? I find it difficult enough to handle the four dimensions I live in, yet alone try to think about other dimensions.
During the past seventeen years, the Lord has instructed us to have individuals break all ungodly ties between them and the dimensions. I would have them break all ungodly ties between them and fifth dimension, the sixth dimension, the seventh dimension, etc. Experientially, this has been very powerful, and individuals have often had difficulty trying to articulate the “breaking” phrase. Many have reported feeling a sense of freedom in doing this. Exactly what is happening? It would seem that somehow these links to the ungodly dimensions have affected them.
I have noticed, also, that when I am feeling like I am going to get sick, I can feel the dimensions shifting. I have discerned ungodly lines attached to various places on a person’s body that have some type of malady. These lines appear to keep on going and I believe that these are lines into the dimensions where, somehow, evil is affecting the person. Perhaps better understanding the dimension will result in a greater level of healing for those who are suffering from illnesses.
The Dimension and Choices
There is an interesting development in science that is now spilling over into the popular culture. There is the feeling that one can “tap into” other dimensions by choice and change the course of one’s life. Of course, this is all to be done without any dependence on the Living God. Here is the reasoning:
According to quantum physics, particles are not particles at the subatomic level. Instead, they are waves of probabilities. It is the act of observing those probability waves that collapses them into one specific state. If subatomic particles are collapsed out of their indeterminate wave function, only when observed, doesn’t it follow that we as observers, are therefore creating our physical reality through the act of observation? It is those subatomic particles that create the atoms and molecules of our universe. Therefore each of us is an observer, and each of us is creating our own unique reality.
“If our reality is created by the act of observation, what happened before there was an observer….or has there always been something what we would call an observer?” But one may ask, if all of these other realities exist, why do we not see them? The answer would be that all the other possibilities are eliminated once we begin observing our current state.
Here is what is being proposed. We can create our own reality. If our reality is not good, then we need to become an “observer” of another reality, which we can then bring into our current reality, thus changing what life is like. “The current space-time we are in and agree upon as being reality, is our version of the fourth dimension. Our reality is specifically selected from a list of other physically incompatible different-initial-conditional universes at the 7th dimension, and the entire physically incompatible universe exists simultaneously at the 10th dimension. At the beginning, all potential physical realities remained possible within the wave function, and at that point, the observer turned their attention upon our universe and collapsed the quantum wave function into the reality we see around us, complete with the impression that time had actually extended out for billions of years prior to that.. It could also be possible that the universe didn’t actually exist one second ago, which is when the observed turned his attention upon our universe and collapsed the probability wave function as what we now perceive as our reality, complete with a history which each of us believes we remember.”
Here is the dangerous part. We, who are believers, would say that the Lord God is the observer. Those opposed to a personal God could say, no, we are gods and we can therefore become the observers who create our own reality. Perhaps, at this point, this all sounds rather farfetched. While that is true, I have recently read a popular novel that proposes exactly this kind of scenario that states that we can choose who to become.
As believers, our desire is that the “Lord’s Will” be done in our lives. We are to believe and expect for the Lord to do great works in us and through us. This is the reality we want to see in our lives. We desire that His will be done on earth (through us) as it is done in heaven.
Traveling In the Dimensions
It would appear that we can travel in the dimensions. The Lord often tells us in our schools to “come up higher.” Later, we get the same words, “Come up higher, you can come even higher”. Perhaps, this is the Lord’s way of telling us that we can travel higher into the dimensions. Many of us have experienced this. Those who are seers have reported seeing different things in different dimensions. In Revelation 4, the Lord tells John to “Come up here.”
What Are In the Dimensions?
During countless prayer sessions, I have recorded what others have reported about the dimensions. It would seem that there are dimensions that are available to the believer and dimensions that are controlled by the enemy. It may also be true that there are dimensions in the earth, under the earth and above the earth.
In the dimensions controlled the enemy, we have found that those who suffer from Dissociative Identity Disorder can have “parts” that are trapped in these dimensions. We have found parts that are trapped around the throne of Satan. Other parts seem to be trapped in voids between the dimensions. As mentioned before, perhaps diseases, physical disorders, and mental disorders can have their roots in the dimensions. Chains may be tied to a certain dimension. Addictions and phobias may be tied to certain ungodly dimensions. Occult activity, witchcraft, and sorcery may be located in specific dimensions. Astral projection and shape shifting may take place in certain ungodly dimensions. It is interesting that we are told that Nimrod built a tower (Genesis 11:4) whose top went into the “heavens.” Perhaps he attempted and succeeded in being able to access and travel in the ungodly dimensions.
What about righteous dimensions? There is a long list of possible activities in the “righteous” dimensions. The following is a list of what we have discovered. Please note that this is very subjective and perhaps speculative, but interesting, nevertheless!
• Maleness and femaleness may be in separate dimensions.
• Different spiritual giftings may be in different dimensions. Prophetic gifting may be in one dimension, teaching in another, etc.
• Rest or levels of rest may be in different dimensions.
• The heavenly Tabernacle seems to be a multi-dimensional structure.
• Different disciplines of learning may be in different dimensions, i.e. math in one dimension, science in one dimension, arts in another dimension.
• Sounds, colors, and vibrations may be in different dimensions.
• Finances may be in one or more dimensions.
• Plans for our lives may be in one of more dimensions.
• Sleep may be in a dimension. Perhaps this is where dreams are released.
A Dimensional Experience of Traveling
Some years ago, I was with four other people and the Lord took us on a journey through some dimensions. The Lord has given us many of these experiences. Perhaps you are also ready to join the Lord in traveling in the heavenly places. This is a composite of what I felt and others saw.
This time I am with four others. We are moving through this darkness, but again there is peace. It is important to continue moving forward. The word is given, “Being changed from Glory to Glory.” I feel my body almost going through a metamorphosis. It seems to be stretched, added to (and I don’t mean more weight), strengthened. I have the sensation of moving up, forward. As we move forward, the brighter it becomes. I even ask the Lord for sunglasses. This seems appropriate, because then I see in the distance angels walking up and down a staircase (not Jacob’s ladder), to where the light and glare is originating. At the bottom of the staircase, there are angels waiting for us. In the hands of one is a letter. He hands it to me. The angels do not speak to me, yet I hear the words, “We have been waiting for you”. Then the words, “here are your orders, your commission; this is what is for today. Follow me”. As we’re walking, I see a bright sword given to me, along with a strong shield. There was some dimensional shifting going on, but it was not evil. When I would looked behind, I saw that where we have been is now dark. I know that God wants us to all go forward. It is important. I hear the words, “You are not to go back! It’s time for new things!” Then we are moving up another staircase. I find us at the 15th dimension. I realize that this time, I have not gone to the 13th, 14th dimensions. Here, there are giftings, lots of giftings. There is something about to happen. We are presented with a book. It is very old, and very cold. Even though it appears thick, it is not that heavy. It smells like a refrigerator smell. One person receives the description that they have come out of cold storage. They were there for preservation. I get the distinct telling that these manuals have not been used very much since the time of Paul of Tarsus. We are told to command “doubt to leave and go to the feet of Jesus!” The books are instruction manuals for teaching, leading, and equipping. They are very authoritive and apostolic.
There are more gifts. Wow! What an anointing. Hot coals are placed in our right hands. We get the scripture of Isaiah 54:16. We seem to know that Isaiah has been here before. The anointing is so strong!!!! There are new callings here and new authority. The kingdom of God is here.” There are a lot of gifts – music, instruments, dance, tambourines, songs, banners, and parchments.
When the last Star Trek movie came out, my son and I and a few friends went to see the movie. As I was enjoying the movie, I felt the waves of the power of God coming over me. I looked around and wondered if anyone else knew God was there in a manifested way. I started to shake and realized that I would have difficulty walking out of the theater. As the movie ended, I had to have help exiting the theater and was shaking so violently that someone had to drive me the one hour trip home. I have often contemplated what that was all about. As I was writing my book, Heaven Trek, I realized that the Lord was speaking in a dramatic way to me. Even as the theme of Star Trek is “Daring to Go Where Man Has Never Gone Before,” the Lord was saying to me “Do You Dare to Go Where I Want You to Go?” It is the Lord who invites you to go on a never ending Heaven Trek through the dimensions.